Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

salexa
Helper II
Helper II

See records to be available only for certain users

Hi,

I have a sbusiness requirement regarding the option See Records: can it be available only for certain users that acces the report?

Let say it's an report for HR and only the manager should see the data bedind a visual, with see reccords. Is it posible?  See Recordsd.png

And I'm not talking about RLS, because every user should see the values, but not teh record behind.

Thanks,

Irina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
salexa
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

Maybe somebody will find it useful: I amnaged to find a workaround by using measures instead of columns, to disable See Records option.

And after this duplicating the dataset used for visuals, addind a custom column for RLS Security with value "Manager", creating 2 roles Manager and Others( for role Manager, security column ="Manager")  and add relattionship between both tables and set security in Power Bi report server for roles.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
salexa
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

Maybe somebody will find it useful: I amnaged to find a workaround by using measures instead of columns, to disable See Records option.

And after this duplicating the dataset used for visuals, addind a custom column for RLS Security with value "Manager", creating 2 roles Manager and Others( for role Manager, security column ="Manager")  and add relattionship between both tables and set security in Power Bi report server for roles.

Thank you!

salexa
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @amitchandak ,

thanks for clarification.

You are right, See Records is not user specific and I can't modify it for different users.

Do you have any ideea of a workaround to be able to hide this records for specific users?  Probably is not possible..

Thanks!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@salexa , as far as I know see record has global setting not user specific

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.