Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rgimenez
Helper I
Helper I

See a result with a Sum with different filters

Hi,

I need to sum varios valous inside of the columm "Costs" but I want to have the option to see just one value.
Just to clarify, I have some "Fixed Costs" and I have created a stogram to see per eache month, but when I put a filter to select just "awardmanagement expenses" but he doesn't filter and show me the total value and not just for the "awardmanagement expenses".

I made this measure, but I think that need to ajust something.
Would you mind to help me, please? Thank you

P&L Fixed Cost = CALCULATE(
SUM('06 Costi'[Valor]),
'06 Costi'[Costs] in
{"awardmanagement expenses",
"car expenses"}
)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the Calculation I see, you can create some additional COLUMNS in the table either in Power Query or using DAX like below. This way you can have a Hierarchy for Cost / Expsense. You can add multiple levels by having more columns in the table. Then you can arrange them in the Matrix visual.

This way you will need only one Measure  SUM('06 Costi'[Valor]) which will work at all the levels for drill down functionality.

Cost -> Fixed Cost -> awardmanagement expenses

P&L Cost Type= IF(
'06 Costi'[Costs] in {"awardmanagement expenses","car expenses"}, "Fixed Cost"
, ...
)

If you can share more data, then I can help / suggest you build the full model or how many levels you would need.

Sorry for the delayed response.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should create Hierarchy for the Cost / Fixed Cost / Expense.

This way you would be able to get the Total Cost and Drill / Filter to a specific expense type as well.

Would you mind to explaim to me how can I create a Hierarchy for the Cost, please?

Because when I create a calendar it's ok to have a Hierarchy, but for the Cost, I don't how to do.

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the Calculation I see, you can create some additional COLUMNS in the table either in Power Query or using DAX like below. This way you can have a Hierarchy for Cost / Expsense. You can add multiple levels by having more columns in the table. Then you can arrange them in the Matrix visual.

This way you will need only one Measure  SUM('06 Costi'[Valor]) which will work at all the levels for drill down functionality.

Cost -> Fixed Cost -> awardmanagement expenses

P&L Cost Type= IF(
'06 Costi'[Costs] in {"awardmanagement expenses","car expenses"}, "Fixed Cost"
, ...
)

If you can share more data, then I can help / suggest you build the full model or how many levels you would need.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.