Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AkshayManke
Advocate I
Advocate I

See Records is Showing Data with HTML Tags - Needs to be in Normal Text

Hi,

We have a SharePoint List for similar like a IT Helpdesk System. The list has several Rich Text columns to capture the resolution steps, actions etc. We have created Power BI Dashboards for Reports Visualizations. When we right click on any visualization, there is an option called See Records where we can see all the data.

The problem here is, the data which is shown is with HTML tags (for example: "<div class=""ExternalClass127C1243DE4D45DC9F7374BBB3106AB5""><html> <div>Test</div> </html></div>")

Even if I export the data in to an CSV file, still it shows in HTML which is not solving the purpose.  I want the data to be shown in normal text within Power BI Itself using See Records option.

I am sure that, i am not the first who facing the issue and there must be some efficient way to have it tackled. 

Can anyone please help with solution.

Regards,

Akshay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AkshayManke
Advocate I
Advocate I

After going through several references, i found that the column type was "Enhanced rich text" hence the html tags was getting added. I have changed the type to "Plain Text" and then the tags were removed from the PBI reports. This worked well for me for now.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AkshayManke
Advocate I
Advocate I

AkshayManke
Advocate I
Advocate I

AkshayManke
Advocate I
Advocate I

I got the solution by referring to the below post.

https://whitepages.unlimitedviz.com/2018/04/power-bi-report-rich-text-sharepoint/

Got the above post from the below reply.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Importing-Multiple-Lines-of-Text-field-...

Hope someone can use it!!

Regards,

AkshayManke
Advocate I
Advocate I

After going through several references, i found that the column type was "Enhanced rich text" hence the html tags was getting added. I have changed the type to "Plain Text" and then the tags were removed from the PBI reports. This worked well for me for now.

Thanks for your solution.  It's sad that the grid does not offer common features one would expect or at least display rich text when detected.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AkshayManke,

You may take a look at the following post.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Removing-HTML-Script-from-data-in-Query-Editor/td-p/351995

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for responding to my question. I checked the M-Script but since i am new to this domain, unable to get the desired results. Could you please give more clarity that how to use it. Also, my PBIX is based on a sharepoint list and i want that when a user clicks on See Records then the data should be visible in plain text.

Appreciate your answer.

Regards,

Akshay

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.