Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nunnc01
Helper I
Helper I

See Records from Card Visual

Hi all,

Still fairly new to Power BI...

I have a report that will contain lots of summary numbers and not graphs/charts etc as they take up too much room so using the Card visual is great as it takes up very little room however I need to be able to then see the records that the number shown in the card relates to. However, I understand that the Card visual does not allow you to See Records which is extremely frustrating.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on how I can replicate the See Records functionality for a card visual? or any design ideas on how I can fit a lot of summary numbers into one report with the ability to drill down to see the records.

Thanks

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nunnc01

As we all know that "See Data and See Records" support only the some visualization types, not inculding Card visual.

A workaround as Greg_Deckler's suggestion is to create a shape and click the shape to go to see the data display on other page.

First, you need to create a bookmark for the page displaying the data, see reference about using bookmark.

Next, create a shape like a arrow(Home->Shape), then on "FORMAT SHAPE" pane, turn "Action" on and select "Type" as "bookmark".

6.png

finally, when CTRL+click on the arrow shape, you will go to the bookmark page.

Best Regards

Maggie

That's helpful thanks. Is there a way of passing filters and criteria through to the dataset so that it shows certain records instead of all of them?

For example, on my frontsheet I have a slicer where the user can select their team and then the numbers in the card visuals that I have displayed are various counts of certain conditions from the dataset i.e. count of product where it equals "Red". What I would like is the ability for the user to be able to see the records behind those specific dynamic numbers, so if they see that for Team A the Red product shows as 5 they can click on that card, or a button near that to get to just those 5 records.

Thanks again for your help so far

Chris

Hi @nunnc01

it should be noted that you can't pass filters and criteria through to the dataset, but you can pass filters on reports and Synchronize slicers across report pages.

However, Slicers sync across pages, not bookmarks. 

Here is a solved thread you may try to see if it works for your scenario.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Sync-slicers-with-bookmarks/td-p/365407

Reference for sync-slicer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-slicers

Best Regards

Maggie

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Perhaps create a button and tie it to a bookmark that takes the user to a separate page with a table of the records?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks for the suggestions. I had looked at buttons but could not see anyway of getting the button to show the value of a datafield, only hardcoded text. Have I missed something?

In the settings, you can tie to button to a bookmark. So, create a page and put the records for the card visual on that page. Create bookmark. Create button, tie button to bookmark so that when you click the button it goes to the bookmarked page. It's in the Action section of the settings for the bookmark.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.