Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gnanasekar
Helper III
Helper III

See Records \ Underlying data

Hi All,

Is there a way to show see records \ underlying data columns in alphabetical order for visual?

Now PowerBI is showing random order.

1. How to arrange columns in see records \ underlying data are alphabetical order in visual?

2. How to arrange column are customized order in visual?

I don't want to arrange all data in to table visual, then export it.

By

Gnanasekar

4 REPLIES 4
UlrickT
Frequent Visitor

It is correct that after selecting "See Records" you can click the X in the Visualizations or uncheck the checkbox under Fields. The problem is that as soon as you "go back to report" and open "See Records" again, ALL fields are selected/shown again.

So far I have not been able to find a way to "save" the list of columns i want to have shown each time i click "See Records".

And yes, sadly there isnt any sort function available.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Gnanasekar its probably more useful if you explain exactly what you want to do and what is not working for you?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @vanessafvg

Is there a way to show see records (or) underlying data columns in alphabetical order based on columns name in visual?

Now PowerBI is showing random order.

Example: Dataset columns name are 'A,B,C,D,E,F,G'. (6 columns)

In visual see records option (or) export underlying data I can able to see all (6 columns) in PowerBI.

But PowerBI was showing in random order like (E,G,B,A,F,C). 

It was not in alphabetical order of columns name and not in dataset order also. 

1. How can I arrange columns in see records \ underlying data are alphabetical order in visual? [order like: A,B,C,D,E,F,G]

2. How can I arrange column are customized order in visual? [order like B,C,D,A,G,F (customize by developer)]

I need not table, matrix visuals. So Please give solution based on remaining visual

By

Gnanasekar

Hi @Gnanasekar,

Power BI will not sort columns automatically, after you enter the See Records view, you can order the columns manually by drag columns in Values pane.

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.