Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shishir
Regular Visitor

See Records Option not available when using SSAS as connection

Hi Everyone, we are using SSAS as connection. Using this connection we have created a report and published a dashboard.

However, on the dashboard on right click 'See Records' option is not available.

Is this option not available for SSAS connection? 

Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Another option is to use "Import Data" but I know it is not practical specially when you have large dataset, so Live connection is the best option.

or you can write a mdx query and use import data, that way you could have smaller data to import in powerbi (i dont prefer this thou) but throwing the option there.

Also with live connection, you can drop a table on the report with required fields in it, once you click on the graph, it will cross filter, do you think that will not work? 

That is what I can think of, not sure if there is any other option.

Thanks,

Parv

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

If you using SSAS Live connection , u cannot able to see this options oops.

@Baskar @parry2k thanks for the reply. In that case, do you know of any alternate solution to achieve same functionality.

My requirement is , on clicking a visualization , a report should open with the details just like it open for 'See Records'

Thanks!

Another option is to use "Import Data" but I know it is not practical specially when you have large dataset, so Live connection is the best option.

or you can write a mdx query and use import data, that way you could have smaller data to import in powerbi (i dont prefer this thou) but throwing the option there.

Also with live connection, you can drop a table on the report with required fields in it, once you click on the graph, it will cross filter, do you think that will not work? 

That is what I can think of, not sure if there is any other option.

Thanks,

Parv

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

Yes this option is not available if you are using SSAS Live Connection. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.