Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dishal100
Frequent Visitor

Security Based on OD365 and AD group

Hello All, If any one can send me the steps to use the security based on the OD365 and AD group.  I had tried to add the OD365 group in Power BI security(row level security/dashborad/workspace), i was not able to add that.

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dishal100,

On Power BI service, we can add a member to the RLS role by typing in the email address, or name, of the user, security group or distribution list. In your scenario, you can create a mail-enabled security group, then add this group as a member of the role.  you could refer to below steps:

1.I have create a Mail-enabled security group and add the related members.

p1.PNG

2.Add the created group.

p2.PNG

3.Now when you share the RLS report to the group members, it could work.

P3.PNG

I suggest you to check the group type and test it again.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls#working-with-members

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

so it has to be "Mail enabled" security group? It can't be a standard security group or distribution list? 

Hi @maverick512,

Based on my test, it has to be the "Mail enabled" security group.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.