Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Searching for column values of one table with substring value of the column present in another table

Table 1:

Product    SSN

Bag           123: Yellow bag

Soap         234: Lux super saver, 4568: Himalaya 

Table 2:

ID        Quantity

234      4

456      7

I need to search for the ID field of Table 2 to the numbers before the ':' in Table 1 and add a new status column in Table 2. If there is a match then 'Match' should be returned else 'Not matched' should be returned in the status column. 

Ex: 

output

ID       Quantity    Status

234    4                 Matched

456    7                 Not matched

I tried various options like Text.contains, search, etc. They don't seem to be working

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, we can't do that.

Generally, we will use lookupvalue() function to find data in another column, but this function cannot support fuzzy query, only search() function can support, but we can't combine lookupvalue() and search() function.

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test, we can't do that.

Generally, we will use lookupvalue() function to find data in another column, but this function cannot support fuzzy query, only search() function can support, but we can't combine lookupvalue() and search() function.

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.