Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samue_an
Helper I
Helper I

Searching and highlighting a point on a Map - Without removing other points

Hi All, need some help please, I've mapped out many points using lat + long, but I want to search for a specific point and let the map center to this point.

It works with the search added visual, but the problem is that all other points are removednothing searched displays ALL - greatnothing searched displays ALL - greatonly searched point remains, all others not displayed - not what i wantonly searched point remains, all others not displayed - not what i want and only the found point remains visible.

I still want to display all the other points but I just want the found point to be centered?

Is this possible and thanks in advance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @samue_an 

Based on your description, it is unavailable to achieve your requirement directly. As a workaround, you may execute the following steps.

Here is my sample.

a1.png

You may create a calculated table and a measure as follows.

Calculated table: CitySlicer = DISTINCT('Orders'[ShipCity])

Measure: 
Color = 
IF(
    SELECTEDVALUE('Orders'[ShipCity]) = SELECTEDVALUE(CitySlicer[ShipCity]),
    "#FF0000",
    "#D3D3D3"
)

Result:

a2.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
samue_an
Helper I
Helper I

I'm profusely sorry about this, been inundated with other work, not even had the time to test the solution but looks like a good workaround, thanks a stack for your help.

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @samue_an 

If you take the answer of someone, please mark it as the solution to help the other members who have same problems find it more quickly. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further. Thanks.

Best Regards

Allan

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @samue_an 

Based on your description, it is unavailable to achieve your requirement directly. As a workaround, you may execute the following steps.

Here is my sample.

a1.png

You may create a calculated table and a measure as follows.

Calculated table: CitySlicer = DISTINCT('Orders'[ShipCity])

Measure: 
Color = 
IF(
    SELECTEDVALUE('Orders'[ShipCity]) = SELECTEDVALUE(CitySlicer[ShipCity]),
    "#FF0000",
    "#D3D3D3"
)

Result:

a2.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.