Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Search text from one table and match from another table add column

Hi,

Is it possible to do this with power bi: I have two tables, 'ToteutetutChanget' and 'Data'.

I need  to search Values in ToteutetutChanget[Tiketti] from Data[Comment] and add column to Data table which includes the search string. Data[Comment]column contains free text and somewhere in the column row there is always the ticket number which to find.

Data[comment looks like this

vuolleh_0-1637403489829.png

ToteutetutChanget[Tiketti] (these are the search values, column row contains only the ticket id like this)

vuolleh_1-1637403559520.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gabriel_Walkman
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

How about you split the comment column with delimiter of " ", extract as rows and filter to ones that include "REQ"?

I don't get the need for the separate Tiketti column in this case. Then you could just create a relationship. Eli molemmista tauluista löytyy sit tiketti, niiden välille vaan relationship jos on tarvetta. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

The solution is often easier than you thought of. Thanks this is obviously the way to go 🙂

Gabriel_Walkman
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

How about you split the comment column with delimiter of " ", extract as rows and filter to ones that include "REQ"?

I don't get the need for the separate Tiketti column in this case. Then you could just create a relationship. Eli molemmista tauluista löytyy sit tiketti, niiden välille vaan relationship jos on tarvetta. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.