cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kattlees
Post Patron
Post Patron

Search for Wildcard in text field

I need to use the search function to actually see if an asterik is in a field. The problem I have is if I do a search like this:

Error Check =
SWITCH (
TRUE (),
SEARCH ( "*", ORRec[nsma1_ans], 1, 0 ) > 0, "Invalid Character",
Blank()
)

It uses the asterik as a wild card and returns invalid character on every entry. Is there a way to do this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @kattlees ,

You can use wildcard characters — the question mark (?) and asterisk (*) — in find_text. A question mark matches any single character; an asterisk matches any sequence of characters. If you want to find an actual question mark or asterisk, type a tilde (~) before the character.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @kattlees ,

You can use wildcard characters — the question mark (?) and asterisk (*) — in find_text. A question mark matches any single character; an asterisk matches any sequence of characters. If you want to find an actual question mark or asterisk, type a tilde (~) before the character.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.