Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcastr02
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Search feature

30 day.pngI have survey responses and many of the free text responses are displayed on the single page.  I'd like to have a feature where I can search for a word and all the comments that contain that key word appear.  I have played with text filter, Q/A and Smart Filter by OKVIZ, but most only let you put 1 field in there, I'd like it to be all fields displayed on the page.  

I have another page with word cloud, with most commonly used words so now I'd like the end user to be able to search for that word here on the page.  Is there such a feature?  (sorta like a CTRL+F)

6 REPLIES 6
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcastr02 

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. if the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. If not, please kindly elaborate more. thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

@v-diye-msft I created a word cloud and next to it a table showing all the comments.  Once you click on one of the words, only comments relating to that word appear.  I hope this helps.  Thank you.  

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @jcastr02 ,

There is not an internal search feature within the Word Cloud.  You would have to use a slicer with the same Category with all the options listed and put the Search feature on the slicer.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

@collinq   Thank you for great idea!   Do you know what I can do so that when I search for a specific word, and the drop down comes down I can pick ALL selections - it seems the "select all" disappears when I type out a word in this case "systems"  see screen shot.  search feature.png

Hi @jcastr02 ,

You can use the Pivot Slicer, Enlightne Slicer or most likely, the HierarchySlicer.  Perhaps even the Smart Filter or Smart Filter Pro by OKViz.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

JordanBuser
Frequent Visitor

You could simply add a column that concatenates the values from the various columns that you want to search, then drop that as the column in the search visual.  This is what I've done in the past with text search filters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.