Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scrolling page with 10 charts based on Dynamic Rank

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a scrolling page which will have 10 charts vertically, and that update dynamically based on top sales.

I have an existing view where you can click on a slicer to update a single set of charts, however, the users have asked that this be a scrolling view with top 10 instead of having to click through each item.

The idea here is that there are 2000 products classified by geographies and I would like to rank them by largest to smallest sales and then show the largest product in the first chart, the second largest product in the second chart, etc. When you filter the geography this would also update to show only the top 10 products in that geography.

I've tried a few methods but haven't had much success and can't find anyone doing this before.

Hoping I can find some help here.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Anonymous ,

here you find a pbix

https://tommartens-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/tom_minceddata_com/ESohY6JQfxBJtfX57iZJ8NkBGpoKoscHZBmkrHny2cbjDg?e=E7hnII

please look at the page "Rank Directed To Visual".

I use this DAX statement to create a rank:

Rank Color Name by Sales Amount (Sales) = 
RANKX(
    ALLSELECTED('DimProduct'[ColorName])
    , [Sales Amount (Sales)]
    , desc
    , Dense
) 

There is a larger table visual on the left side, this visual is just used for demonstration purpose, to show if the rank measure is working.

Then there are three matrix visuals on the right side, as you can see only the color with rank 1 is used in the top matrix visual. This is achieved by leveraging a visual level filter:

image.png

In my simple example directing color names to visuals is simple because I use the column that is rank inside the visual.

Hopefully, this provides some ideas to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. if the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly. If not, please kindly elaborate more. thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

creating a scolling page requires 2 steps:

1. adjust the height of the report page that fits your reporting needs, if you select the canvas you can adjust the page settings:
    image.png

2. First Power BI visualizes the new page size that it fits to your screen size
    image.png
    to make the page scrolling, adjust the viewing format
    image.png

Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

Regars,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tom,

Thank you very much for the explanation on how to make a scrolling page. I had actually already completed this part though, what I am stuck on is figuring out how to make charts that tie to a dynamic rank. meaning i have 10 charts which each represent the top 10 elements by sales volume, and when i filter for geography, this would also update to show the top 10 based on specific geography.

Hoping you can help, Thanks!

Martin

Hey @Anonymous ,

here you find a pbix

https://tommartens-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/tom_minceddata_com/ESohY6JQfxBJtfX57iZJ8NkBGpoKoscHZBmkrHny2cbjDg?e=E7hnII

please look at the page "Rank Directed To Visual".

I use this DAX statement to create a rank:

Rank Color Name by Sales Amount (Sales) = 
RANKX(
    ALLSELECTED('DimProduct'[ColorName])
    , [Sales Amount (Sales)]
    , desc
    , Dense
) 

There is a larger table visual on the left side, this visual is just used for demonstration purpose, to show if the rank measure is working.

Then there are three matrix visuals on the right side, as you can see only the color with rank 1 is used in the top matrix visual. This is achieved by leveraging a visual level filter:

image.png

In my simple example directing color names to visuals is simple because I use the column that is rank inside the visual.

Hopefully, this provides some ideas to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors