Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scorecard Creation

HI all

Im relatively new to PBI and am trying to recreate a scorecard that soneone has built in excel. They dont want the format changing. Ive tried to find the right visual as they also want to be able to drill down., but unfortunately am struggling to find one suitable. Can anyone please come up with a suggestion/s. The xxxx are where the figures should be and they are a mixture of text and values , and I also need to colour co-ordinate some of them based on previous months balance. So if greater than previous month then 'RED' and if less than then 'GREEN' etc. Hope this makes sense.

Ive attached the scorecard

Hopefully someone can help even if to say its not possible to recreate it.

PBI Scorecard 2.PNG

Thank you

Many thanks and regards

Karen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @KarenFingerhut ,

Glad to know that you've nailed it. 

Please kindly mark the helpful suggestion as solution to help others find it more quickly. thanks!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Your user is going to have to make a decision, no format changes and stick with Excel or accept some format changes and get drilldown.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Greg

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly.

So basically he'll have to change the format i.e. put it in a table or matrix? If he decides no drilldown is necesasry can you please advise me on the best visual for this. Or isnt there one that can do it

Mnay thanks and regards

Karen

Hi @KarenFingerhut ,

If no drilldown is nessary, I think both table/Matrix works fine. you can refer to below post to set the confitional formatting: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Conditional-Formatting-based-on-percentage-of-multiple-valu...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Table PBI.PNG

Hi Dina

Thanks for getting back to me.

Its definitely something I can use in the future but sadly not quite what im looking for now. I've have managed to get the layout how I want it but I did something in the editing section and for the life of me cannot remember how I did it. Here's what I did from my main query. I managed to split each component in to a table. It actually works really well for what I need but my mind gone blank as to how I did it !!!

Kind regards

Karen

Hi @KarenFingerhut ,

It seems you used group and then expand the table, details have been recorded in your right "APPLIED STEPS" pane, and you can output the table with the hierachy and drilldown it in visuals, but it's not accessible to set the conditional format in query editor. based on your description , if data is greater than the previous one, show it in "Red". measure is required to achieve this. 

quickly.

Hi Dina

Many thanks for the informatiion and apologies for the late reply.

I've now managed to create the scorecard based on all the advice. All still allearning curve but definitely getting there.

Once again thank you

Kind regards

Karen

Hi @KarenFingerhut ,

Glad to know that you've nailed it. 

Please kindly mark the helpful suggestion as solution to help others find it more quickly. thanks!

quickly.

Thanks Dina will do 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.