Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nick_Church
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled refresh not obeying schedule

Hi BI friends,

Just reaching out to see if anyone has experienced this issue before.

I have a schedule in place that runs at multiple times thoughout the day. Up until yesterday, this schedule has been running fine, however since yesterday it has started to behave eratically.

Today, the morning refresh at 08:30 fired at 09:30, our 10:30 fired at 12:04 and our 13:00 at 13:56 - we saw a similar thing yesterday. As far as I am aware, nothing has changed on the server and I've asked the IT guys to check the settings on there are correct (its set to GMT and hasn't been changed).

Performance of the refresh once it does fire seems consistent with previous days and we get the data as per our requirement - just late.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Thanks

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Angelia,

Thanks for coming back to me - I thought it was a bit of a weird one so just wanted to check if anyone else had seen it!

As if by magic, the schedule has now fired as per normal this morning, having been very erratic for the previous two days.

The only changes we made were to bounce the server where the content gateway is stored and then delete and recreate the schedules - although that didn't seem to make that much of a difference yesterday because the scheule I put in place after the bounce fired almost exactly an hour after the scheduled refresh time.

I'll keep an eye on the schedules throughout the day and if I start to see the same issue again I'll take your advice and log a support ticket.

Thanks

Nick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Nick_Church,

I did not have a such experience, and I can't reproduce your issue. Please create a support ticket on the right-bottom of this page, because I have no Power to check your data background for detailed reason.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

Thanks for coming back to me - I thought it was a bit of a weird one so just wanted to check if anyone else had seen it!

As if by magic, the schedule has now fired as per normal this morning, having been very erratic for the previous two days.

The only changes we made were to bounce the server where the content gateway is stored and then delete and recreate the schedules - although that didn't seem to make that much of a difference yesterday because the scheule I put in place after the bounce fired almost exactly an hour after the scheduled refresh time.

I'll keep an eye on the schedules throughout the day and if I start to see the same issue again I'll take your advice and log a support ticket.

Thanks

Nick

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.