cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sarah_m Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled refresh limitations by user or by gateway for Power BI Pro?

Hi all,

We plan to set up an on-premise gateway for automatically refreshing dashboards. I was however wondering wat the limitations are with regard to the maximum amount of refreshes.

The pricing page (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/nl-nl/pricing/) mentions 8 refreshes a day, but does this apply on a per user base or is this an organization limitation.

e.g. if there are 5 Power BI Pro users, do we have a limitation of 40 refreshes a day or 8 refreshes a day?

Thank you for your feedback

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Scheduled refresh limitations by user or by gateway for Power BI Pro?

@sarah_m limit is per dataset refresh basis.

Assume you have two reports published and you can set 8 time refresh of each report, so theoratically , it is 8 time x 2 reports, but each dataset cannot be refreshed more than 8 times.

And same rules apply if other user in your org publish the report, assume 10 reports are published by 3 other users, so each report can be configured to schedule 8 times a day. Hope it helps.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut! Connect with me on Linkedin.
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Scheduled refresh limitations by user or by gateway for Power BI Pro?

@sarah_m limit is per dataset refresh basis.

Assume you have two reports published and you can set 8 time refresh of each report, so theoratically , it is 8 time x 2 reports, but each dataset cannot be refreshed more than 8 times.

And same rules apply if other user in your org publish the report, assume 10 reports are published by 3 other users, so each report can be configured to schedule 8 times a day. Hope it helps.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut! Connect with me on Linkedin.
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.