Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samanthamirae
Resolver I
Resolver I

Scheduled refresh failed after deleting column

Hello,

I just deleted a column from an Excel sheet in SharePoint Folders that had no values in it and was never used. It was a useless empty column so I decided to delete it. Once I deleted it, I tried refreshing (although it wouldn't change the dashboard at all since the column was never used) I keep getting this error and I do not know how to solve it. Please help!

Capture.PNG

This is my advanced query editer:

let
Source = SharePoint.Files("https://....", [ApiVersion = 15]),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each ([Name] = "Component EOL Run-Out Projection.xlsx")),
#"Filtered Hidden Files1" = Table.SelectRows(#"Filtered Rows", each [Attributes]?[Hidden]? <> true),
#"Invoke Custom Function1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Hidden Files1", "Transform File from Query1", each #"Transform File from Query1"([Content])),
#"Renamed Columns1" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Invoke Custom Function1", {"Name", "Source.Name"}),
#"Removed Other Columns1" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Renamed Columns1", {"Source.Name", "Transform File from Query1"}),
#"Expanded Table Column1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns1", "Transform File from Query1", Table.ColumnNames(#"Transform File from Query1"(#"Sample File"))),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Expanded Table Column1",{{"Source.Name", type text}, {"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}, {"Column3", type text}, {"Column4", type text}, {"Column5", type text}, {"Column6", type text}, {"Column7", type any}, {"Column8", type text}, {"Column9", type any}, {"Column10", type text}, {"Column11", type any}, {"Column12", type any}, {"Column13", type any}, {"Column14", type text}, {"Column15", type any}, {"Column16", type any}, {"Column17", type any}, {"Column18", type any}, {"Column19", type any}, {"Column20", type any}, {"Column21", type any}, {"Column22", type any}, {"Column23", type any}, {"Column24", type any}, {"Column25", type any}, {"Column26", type any}, {"Column27", type any}, {"Column28", type any}, {"Column29", type any}, {"Column30", type any}, {"Column31", type any}, {"Column32", type any}, {"Column33", type any}, {"Column34", type any}, {"Column35", type any}, {"Column36", type any}, {"Column37", type any}, {"Column38", type any}, {"Column39", type any}}),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Changed Type",{"Source.Name"}),
#"Removed Top Rows" = Table.Skip(#"Removed Columns",3),
#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Removed Top Rows",{"Column1", "Column2", "Column3", "Column4", "Column5", "Column6", "Column7", "Column8", "Column9", "Column10", "Column11", "Column12", "Column13", "Column14", "Column15", "Column16"}),
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Removed Other Columns", [PromoteAllScalars=true])
in
#"Promoted Headers"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @samanthamirae

Originally, if that column was not part of your Power BI query then deletion of that column wont be a problem.

Even the column is not used in teh visuals, if its part of your earlier query then Power BI will look for that column and hence it will throw the error if its not available in the source excel.

If the above point applies to you, then i would suggest you to remove the column from Query itself.

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @samanthamirae

Originally, if that column was not part of your Power BI query then deletion of that column wont be a problem.

Even the column is not used in teh visuals, if its part of your earlier query then Power BI will look for that column and hence it will throw the error if its not available in the source excel.

If the above point applies to you, then i would suggest you to remove the column from Query itself.

Thanks

Raj

solved

Hi @samanthamirae

How about the result when you republish your pbix to service?

If it still doesn't work, i recommend you to raise an issue here or open a ticket to get better analysis.

Anyway, i find a similar case which would be helpful.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Error-get-Data-from-Sharepoint-Online-qu...

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.