Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mvananaken
Helper II
Helper II

(Scheduled) refresh Odata (oauth2) Dynamics CRM Online not able to change credentials (oauth2)

Hello PB- Folks,

I've got a problem with changing my dataset credentials from Dynamics CRM Online via Oauth2.

(Odata: (https://xxx.crm4.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc). No gateway used. 

I tried this:

- Local refresh in the pbix works without any problem

- In the PBIX i tried to clear Permissions (data Source Settings) & resave & publish again. Same issue

Remarkeble:

-  I use 1 feed URL for all the queries (I doublechecked this), but PowerBI online shows 3 credential options for exactly the same Odata feed (see screendump)

- I'm not able to change to change 1 of the credentials settings -Oauth2, organizational account -> error: change credentials failed

- Error  (refresh history: after click on refresh now: "the datasource has no credentials."

pb.jpg

- Question 1: why PB online shows 3 credential options for 1 Odata feed?

- Question 2: why not able to change credentials in PB online?

Help is greatly appreciated! Thanks, 

Marco

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mvananaken,

Based on my test in Power BI Desktop version 2.40.4554.463, I'm not able to reproduce the issue. If only one data source exists in the report, there is only one data source in dataset after publish to service.

So in your scenario, please check if only one data source exists in the .PBIX file.

w1.PNG

Also please recreate a .pbix file, type the URL like below when use OData feed to connect to Dynamics CRM, then publish to Power BI Service.

w2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thank for reply!

I double checked the datasource. Only 1 exist. Despite, PowerBI  online shows 3 options. I use PB 2.40.4554.463 64bit. 

Already tried:

- I tried to empty PB cache;

- I tried to clear permissions & update again in data source setting;

- I tried to change data source URL and update again to original;

- I created a PB template, based on the template I created new PBIX and published again;

The feed URL correspondents as showed in Dynamics 365 CRM settings. 

All didn't work.

Are there more ways to force "hanging" datasource or credentials settings in the pbix? (without recreating the pbix file with much dax, and 15 tabs)

Hi @mvananaken,

I'm trying to involve senior engineers to take a look at this issue. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks you! (the data region is Europe by the way). - I didn’t think it’s a pbix related issue, casuse different collegues dealing with the samen issue,  with different credentials and Pbix files after a publish or republish of a report in PB online.

If you need additional info, please feel free to contact!

Kind regards, Marco

I experience the same issue, but with an OData feed to Project Online.

I've noticed that specifying the language code leads to issues:

OK: https://****.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_api/projectdata

ERROR: https://****.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_api/projectdata/[en-us]

Please fix this issue...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.