Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule refresh can't work properly due to the append query - new subfolder SharePoint gateway

Hi all,

Im trying a workaround of the issue surrounding failed scheduled refresh due to append in the query. It seems like one solution is to create a gateway for each SharePoint subfolder source rather than have one parent gateway with the root SharePoint URL. A) Has anyone had success with this approach? B) Can someone please share how to create a subfolder datasource to a SharePoint list? 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
darentengmfs
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@Anonymous 

You don't have to create a data gateway for Sharepoint data sources. When you publish your report with the Sharepoint data source, you just have to enter the credentials used for the Sharepoint data source.

darentengmfs_0-1600804220730.png

This youtube link will guide you through how to connect to all types of SharePoint data sources

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuLnSYjmsJo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

My issue is not with the credentials. I have all of my datasources connected. There is a known microsoft issue that will not allow a refresh because of datamashup from SharePoint folders. One solution, that was shared by a user on here and acknowledged by a microsoft employee, is to create a subfolder SharePoint data source for each SharePoint folder. In the process of refreshing the data multiple gateways will be used when appending/merging queries vs. forcing the SharePoint data to run through a single root URL.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.