Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule Refresh Timings

Hi,

I am facing an issue in Schedule Refresh. Suppose if I scheduled it for 4.00 PM IST then it executes at 5.35 PM IST, if I schedulef it for 3.30 PM then it executes at 4.55 PM. It is taking time randomly.

Do you have any idea how can I resolve this issue or its a bug. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kcantor , @ankitpatira .. Below is the response from Micropsoft Support:

Its due to the fact that currently there is only one scheduler per Cluster, used by both package refresh (file refresh from OneDrive) and model refresh (scheduled refresh). The delays are due to the queuing of all the refresh jobs.  The Product Group is working on a fix which will introduce two separate schedulers, one for package refresh, and one for model refresh. The fix is scheduled to be available in production in about a month.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

execution timings are improved now.

LAmbro

When is this fix expected to the released ? We have few dashboards on queue waiting for this fix.

It got the same issue now my schedule is 6pm daily...but it refresh at 9:55, 7:55, 9:50... How can it fix?

Same here in Germany aprox. 35 to 1.20 hrs After Scheduled Time
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous This question is about power bi service as that is where you setup schedule refresh. When you setup a schedule refresh there can be a delay upto 1 hours and that is why you seeing it doesn't start at the exact time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ankit,

Sometimes it takes 1.30 hr, sometimes takes 55 min.. how can I get exact time. I need to refresh at a particular time for users.

@Anonymous I don't think it can be triggered at exact time you can only specify times and it will trigger more or less near that. You can use Refresh History to view start and end times of previous refreshes and average timings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @ankitpatira . I will open a Support ticket.

This is one of my biggest issues with scheduled refreshes as I work from a laptop. when the laptop is off or sleeping it kills the gateway. It would be helpful if the scheduled refresh was a little more reliable but what I am currently doing (along with requesting a desktop for gateway only) is to use the manual refresh option  at set times as well as having the schedule set. If I know I will be away from my computer, I will refresh before I leave.

While it is inconvenient, It takes less than a second to hit the refresh button and, being honest, PowerBI is always open on my computer. I use it quite a bit.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kcantor I think you have installed gateway on your local machine, in my case it is installed on a server in US time zone which is running 24*7. Still getting issue. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kcantor , @ankitpatira .. Below is the response from Micropsoft Support:

Its due to the fact that currently there is only one scheduler per Cluster, used by both package refresh (file refresh from OneDrive) and model refresh (scheduled refresh). The delays are due to the queuing of all the refresh jobs.  The Product Group is working on a fix which will introduce two separate schedulers, one for package refresh, and one for model refresh. The fix is scheduled to be available in production in about a month.

Thank you for sharing that answer. I appreciate knowing a fix is on the way.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Lots of our Power BI dashboard needs to scheduled once our data loads completes so please let us know the expected time for this fix

We are seeing another weird issue in the scheduler, though we scheduled to run our dashboard on a daily basis (once a day). The refresh history sometimes shows the data refresh has happened more than onc per day. Attaching a screenshotC:\Users\lambro\Desktop\Refresh_History.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.