Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ShafiqRuslan
Helper I
Helper I

Schedule Refresh - Automatically Gateway is Selected

Hi all,

I have a report with several data sources (data warehouse, database, Sharepoint, etc.) but I can't set up schedule refresh. The error message that prompts up is 

The keyword isn't supported: version. Parameter name: keyword Table: aubeakon_scrm15 r_safetyobservation_cstm

A gateway is selected automatically, which is something I don't want, since all my data is on the cloud.

I've tried removing all the other data sources and republishing and the issue seems to be on two of the data sources, as when those two were removed, the data loaded fine.

Is this a common issue, and how do I resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ShafiqRuslan,

I would suggest you create a support ticket here. I'm afraid it's hard to troubleshoot in the forum.

create ATicket

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ShafiqRuslan,

I found something in The-keyword-isn-t-supported-version.

1. Can you share the more complete error messages? Especially the IDs. 

2. I would suggest you upgrade the Desktop to the latest version and try again.

3. Are there anything special of these two tables?

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Last refresh failed: Wed Sep 26 2018 00:25:01 GMT+0800 (Malaysia Time) 
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Message:The keyword isn't supported: version. Parameter name: keyword Table: agentlogging.
Cluster URI:WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:63a5289e-5e96-422f-83a3-8de3f49a40d7
Request ID:ee137db0-cf4d-477e-adfe-faaa97d9e706
Time:2018-09-25 16:25:01Z

Here's the full error message. I do have the latest version of PowerBI and the two tables are not special I reckon

Just to add some comments on the below, I'm not sure how this works;

What we're trying to achieve is for the reports to have a scheduled refresh without having the need for a gateway (because we do not have a dedicated pc for this). We've managed to do this for one of our other dashboards in which the data source is in my company's Azure cloud.

The new dashboard that we have, data does not reside in our Azure cloud. Is this the reason why a gateway is automatically selected?

Hi @ShafiqRuslan,

So where is it as the data doesn't reside in your Azure cloud? BTW, I'm still digging into the logs.

Best Regards,
Dale

It's our vendor's data, I'm not sure where it resides but I think it's on their cloud

Hi @ShafiqRuslan,

I just found the log keep saying "ProcessDatabaseFailedOnPremiseErrorException". 

1. Seems it's an on-premises SSAS server. How do you connect it?

2. Can you refresh it in Desktop successfully?

3. How about the Gateway (enterprise mode)?

4. Did you found something helpful in the link of my last post?

Best Regards,
Dale

Yeap, refreshes using the desktop version works fine.

I don't wanna use any gateway, I actually want to set up a scheduled refresh similar to how I did it using the other dashboards - where this message is supposed to pop up

You don't need a gateway for this dataset because all of its data sources are in the cloud

Hi @ShafiqRuslan,

Can you turn the gateway off?

Schedule_Refresh_Automatically_Gateway_is_Selected

Best Regards,
Dale

No, I can't 

Hi @ShafiqRuslan,

I would suggest you create a support ticket here. I'm afraid it's hard to troubleshoot in the forum.

create ATicket

Best Regards,
Dale

Sure, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.