Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gunicotra
Helper II
Helper II

Scatter plot with Date in X axis

Hi to all,

I have realized two measures that gives me the date at which some events occur and the intensity. The table appears like this:

EventDateIntensity
event115/05/202220%
event230/05/202250%
event315/04/202280%
event431/12/202290%

I would like to plot every event on a scatter graphic with Date in X axis and Intensity in Y axis. I tried with standard scatterplot visual but the only thing I get is some uncomprehensible "numbers" on X axis and no Date at all (as for the Intensity it is correct that in Year 2021 all event are 0%). 

gunicotra_0-1645629255604.png

the settings a the following (sorry it is in italian!)

gunicotra_1-1645629614394.png

Can anyone give some hints?

Thanks

G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mayank_Yavda
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @gunicotra 

Here is Scatter Plot - Categorical X Axis chart which will help to get categorical data or Date on X-axis and also on Y-axis. Hope this helps you.

Scatter Plot - Categorical X Axis .PBIVizEdit.comScatter Plot - Categorical X Axis .PBIVizEdit.comScatter Plot - Categorical X Axis .PBIVizEdit.comScatter Plot - Categorical X Axis .PBIVizEdit.com

Download link for the custom visual file in this page

https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/scatter-plot-with-categorical-data 

This was made with our Custom Visual creator tool PBIVizEdit.com. With this tool,

• anyone, irrespective of technical skills, can create their own visuals
  • 15 minutes to create a visual from scratch
  • opens up many additional attributes to edit (for e.g. labels, tooltips, legends position, etc)

Give this a shot and let us know if you face any problem/errors.
You can use the editor to modify your visual further (some modifications cannot be done in Power BI window and have to be in editor).

Thanks,
Team PBIVizEdit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mayank_Yavda
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @gunicotra 

Here is Scatter Plot - Categorical X Axis chart which will help to get categorical data or Date on X-axis and also on Y-axis. Hope this helps you.

Scatter Plot - Categorical X Axis .PBIVizEdit.comScatter Plot - Categorical X Axis .PBIVizEdit.comScatter Plot - Categorical X Axis .PBIVizEdit.comScatter Plot - Categorical X Axis .PBIVizEdit.com

Download link for the custom visual file in this page

https://pbivizedit.com/gallery/scatter-plot-with-categorical-data 

This was made with our Custom Visual creator tool PBIVizEdit.com. With this tool,

• anyone, irrespective of technical skills, can create their own visuals
  • 15 minutes to create a visual from scratch
  • opens up many additional attributes to edit (for e.g. labels, tooltips, legends position, etc)

Give this a shot and let us know if you face any problem/errors.
You can use the editor to modify your visual further (some modifications cannot be done in Power BI window and have to be in editor).

Thanks,
Team PBIVizEdit

Thanks Mayank_Yavda! It works percfectly 🙂

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@gunicotra , I see a measure on x-axis, Have tried putting the date on that?

refer if needed

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-scatter

Hi amitchandak!

yes I tried but this seems not to be working:

gunicotra_0-1645632217731.png

gunicotra_1-1645632259158.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.