Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kadapavel
Helper II
Helper II

Scatter plot, show distribution density of points/results

Hello, 

I'm trying to find a way how to highlight areas on scatter plot where poits are concentrated the most, or to show distribution density.

Has anyone tried to solve same problem?

In this example i colour points based on some value, but can not exactly say levels of points concentration in different plot areas.

example.PNG

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@kadapavel,

According to your description, you are using a certain value to represent the color saturation of the points. But at the same time, you hope to find out the most concentrated area in the plot, because the color saturation does not necessarily reflect the point concentration, right?

But the point distribution in the scatter chart has already “reflected” the concentration. For example, it can be seen the area in the blue circle has high concentration compared to other areas.

Capture1.PNG

So there might not be extra features to particularly highlight the high concentration area.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@kadapavel,

According to your description, you are using a certain value to represent the color saturation of the points. But at the same time, you hope to find out the most concentrated area in the plot, because the color saturation does not necessarily reflect the point concentration, right?

But the point distribution in the scatter chart has already “reflected” the concentration. For example, it can be seen the area in the blue circle has high concentration compared to other areas.

Capture1.PNG

So there might not be extra features to particularly highlight the high concentration area.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi, it is still not exactly what I was looking for, but I managed by improoving use of color saturation function.

Thanks you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors