Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
andreaspidey Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Scatter plot for separate measurements

Hi,

I would like to simply replicate a common Excel feature in Power BI.

I have two separate sets of measurements, lets say:

x1 = [1,2,3]; y1 = [2,5,7] and x2 = [2.2, 4.5, 5.6, 3] and y2 = [5,8,6,2].

Can I make a scatter plot with multiple series (in this case two) just as in Excel?

Regards,

Andrea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Scatter plot for separate measurements

Hi @andreaspidey

You may drag the X and Y to X/Y Axis and category to Details as below. Here is the video about Scatter chart for your reference.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @andreaspidey

You may drag the X and Y to X/Y Axis and category to Details as below. Here is the video about Scatter chart for your reference.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
andreaspidey Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Dear Cherie,

unfortunately your answer is not fully clear to me.

Regarding the original problem, i.e. plotting in a scatter plot as two different sets x1=[1,2,3], y1=[2,5,7] and x2=[2.2,4.5,5.6,3], y2=[5,8,6,2], are you suggesting to create to following table x=[1,2,3,2.2,4.5,5.6,6.3] and y=[2,5,7,5,8,6,2]  and category=[1,1,1,2,2,2,2] and plotting them as mentioned in your post by dragging x and y in "X Axis" and "Y Axis", respectively and category in "Details"?

If so, it is not working in my case. I watched the video already, also before writing here, but really I cannot understand how to apply that instructions pratically.

Thanks,

Regards,

Andrea