Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scatter plot data limit

Hi all,

I was finding that one of my scatter plots wasn't showing all of the data it was supposed to, and then I realised that it was because of the Data Volume Limit for the chart. So I changed the limit and got what I wanted. Fair enough.

However, my plot wasn't showing anywhere near as many points as 3500 (the default limit). My plot had 60 - 70 points. But I'm filtering on a certain column in the 'Visual level Filters' section. Before filtering there are in fact over 3500 points.

Is it possible that the Data Volume Limit is applied before the visual filters?

Has anyone come across this issue before?

If the limit is being applied before the filters, that is surely a mistake and should be changed.

Thanks for any response,

Will

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The limit is the amount of the data of the final status, which means we can have more than 3500 records at the beginning. You can try it yourself.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

As mentioned in the OP, I have tried it myself and found that in my case I was losing points even though there were far fewer than 3500 points in the final output.

But good to know that that is not the intended behaviour.

Thanks,

Will

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.