Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

NNaj
Helper IV
Helper IV

Scatter plot changing based on slicer selection

Hi All

I have a scatter plot where the X and Y axis should vary based on inputs into a selection slicer. The Y-axis changes based on the selection from a calculated column. 

The X axis is a measure calculation using the 'IntentWeight' slicer. On the plot all x values are the same, 870.55. For some reason it is taking the total at the bottom of the table. How can I fix this?

PBI HELP.jpg

I tried using a calculated column instead of a measure and that works as shown below: But now the values dont update with the slicer! 

PBI HElp 2.jpg

Basicaly I need my graph to look like this ^^ But also have the values update with the slicer selection!

Thank you to anyone who can help me with this problem!

4 REPLIES 4
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @NNaj ,

Can you provide some sample data with measure,calculated column to make it easier to test?

Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

CompanyIntensity SelectionValue
Company 1A1
Company 2A2
Company 3A3
Company 1B4
Company 2B5
Company 3B6
Company 1C7
Company 2C8
Company 3C9
Company 1D10
Company 2D1
Company 3D2

This is the data for the y-axis. The slicer has intensity selection and if you select A only a sum of those values are shown on the graph aggregated by company. This is a column (no measures in this table).

The X-axis has this data

CompanyFeatureValue (Measure)
Company 1x3
Company 2y2
Company 3z4
Company 1x5
Company 2y3
Company 3z4
Company 1x5
Company 2y6
Company 3z4
Company 1x3
Company 2y2
Company 3z4

in the drop down you select all the features and those will be used in the measure to calculate the value column. Plotting this on the scatter graph doesnt work as shown in the screenshots above. the total of the value column is plotted for all companies (I cant click 'dont summarize as its a measure). When I made this measure a column, I was able to click 'dont summarize' but now the values dont update.

Thank you

Hi @NNaj ,

Sorry but I cant reproduce your senario based on your data,see below:

Annotation 2020-05-28 090607.png

Can you deploy the chart in my .pbix file?Better advise me what measure or calculated column you are using.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NNaj , not sure I got it, But see if this can help. How to change the value of measure using slicer.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Slicer-MTD-QTD-YTD-to-filter-dates-using-the-slicer/td-p/50...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.