Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Scatter graph y axis

Hi,

I am new to PBI and I was wondering if there is a way of setting a scatter graph y axis max value with a measure.

My issue is this, I have two scatter graphs, Data A and Data B. The values for these are different so the graphs don't line up when I select different categorys due to the different values on each graph.

Data.PNG

What I would like to do is set the max value for the y axis with a measure which calculates the max per dataset, this would then align the two graphs, Does anyone know how to do this or have a soultion.

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team

Re: Scatter graph y axis

Hi @Jamie_Hughes,

In fact, you can't use measure to dynamic control axis data range, power bi will analytic your records and set up to a suitable range and data unit. ( you can  manually change it in format tab axis option)

BTW, measures can't use on axis or legend fields.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

@Jamie_Hughes not sure if there is way to assign max value dynamically, you can sure set it manually.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

www.perytus.com
(MVP Data Platform)

Frequent Visitor

@parry2k, I could but then the graph gets all wierd when the figures are low, e.g. if the max value is 3000, I can set the graph to 3100 to show the max when it is selected, but when other categorys are selected that are much lower and only have a 100 max, it doesn't look right.

I thought maybe you could set it with a measure to dynamically change it based on what is selected.

Community Support Team

Hi @Jamie_Hughes,

In fact, you can't use measure to dynamic control axis data range, power bi will analytic your records and set up to a suitable range and data unit. ( you can  manually change it in format tab axis option)

BTW, measures can't use on axis or legend fields.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
Frequent Visitor

@v-shex-msft, thanks for letting me know.