Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jamie_Hughes Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Scatter graph y axis

Hi,

I am new to PBI and I was wondering if there is a way of setting a scatter graph y axis max value with a measure.

My issue is this, I have two scatter graphs, Data A and Data B. The values for these are different so the graphs don't line up when I select different categorys due to the different values on each graph.

Data.PNG

What I would like to do is set the max value for the y axis with a measure which calculates the max per dataset, this would then align the two graphs, Does anyone know how to do this or have a soultion.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Scatter graph y axis

Hi @Jamie_Hughes,

In fact, you can't use measure to dynamic control axis data range, power bi will analytic your records and set up to a suitable range and data unit. ( you can  manually change it in format tab axis option)

BTW, measures can't use on axis or legend fields.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@Jamie_Hughes not sure if there is way to assign max value dynamically, you can sure set it manually.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut! Appreciate your Kudos Smiley Happy
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Frequent Visitor

@parry2k, I could but then the graph gets all wierd when the figures are low, e.g. if the max value is 3000, I can set the graph to 3100 to show the max when it is selected, but when other categorys are selected that are much lower and only have a 100 max, it doesn't look right.

I thought maybe you could set it with a measure to dynamically change it based on what is selected.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Jamie_Hughes,

In fact, you can't use measure to dynamic control axis data range, power bi will analytic your records and set up to a suitable range and data unit. ( you can  manually change it in format tab axis option)

BTW, measures can't use on axis or legend fields.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
Frequent Visitor

@v-shex-msft, thanks for letting me know.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 256 members 2,859 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: