Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Selwynster
Helper II
Helper II

Scatter chart or Clustering chart

Not sure if this is possible, but I would like to place Dates on the x axis with Occurrences of an event on the y axis.

So if the event occurred on that date, it would be marked on the graph by a dot or a 1.

Please point me in the right direction.

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Selwynster,

Hmm, I guess your table contains events with occurrences date range who described by two date column, right?

If that is a case, power bi not support analysis date range generate by two date columns.

In my opinion, you need a to create expand date table with detail date to create visual. Please refer to below link to know how to do it.

Spread revenue across period based on start and end date, slice and dase this using different dates...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft

Below is a small sample of my very long table.

I have all the Dates i need in this table. Do i need to split the table out?

DateEvent
1/1/2018A
1/1/2018B
1/1/2018C
1/2/2018A
1/2/2018B
1/2/2018C
1/2/2018D
1/3/2018A
1/3/2018B
1/4/2018C
1/4/2018D
1/4/2018E
1/4/2018F
1/5/2018D

HI @Selwynster,

Your table not need to be transformed, you can direct use it to achieve your requirement. 

Drag date to axis and switch to normal date mode, event column to value field with summary mode count.

28.PNG

Notice: scatter chart seems not support to use data column on x-axis.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-shex-msft

But i need it on a Scatter or clustering chart

Hi @Selwynster,

Which visuals you want to use? I already create graph on a clustering chart. For scatter, it seems like date type not available on axis.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors