Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

js1

Scatter chart features - am I missing something?

(First, please forgive me if this post belongs somewhere else. This is my first question, and it's hard for me to tell whether these questions belong here, or in "Issues" or "Ideas". Just let me know if I should ask this elsewhere!)

I am using scatter charts, and some fairly basic features don't seem to be here. I just wonder if they actually are here, but I am missing them. Please let me know if there's a way to do these things:

1. Can I change the text of the X- or Y-axis labels (without changing the underlying data set)?

2. I don't see any shapes besides circles (and in the "enhanced" version of scatter charts, there is a cross too). Tableau has tons of choices, as does Excel. And of course, I'd like to be able to display these different shapes conditionally, based on the contents of fields or calculations.

3. Can I turn on or off the labeling of certain points? In Tableau, you can right-click on a point to either show or hide the label.

4. Can I "fill" points conditionally, or is that either on or off for the entire scatter chart? I wouldn't need this as long as there were a gallery of shapes, some of them filled, some of them not filled, that I could use conditionally.

5. Can I display Y-axis text without the 90-degree rotation? Actually, you can't do this in Tableau either, but it's a basic "best practice", recommended by many authors.

I'd appreciate any help accomplishing any of these, and again if I am posting this in the wrong place, just let me know!

Thanks,

Jim

2 REPLIES 2
filip
Employee
Employee

These are all good suggestions.  I've noted them down, but this seems like a good candidate for the Ideas forum.  I would group them all under a single Scatter Chart Enhancements item.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

For some reason, Meghan Trainor comes to mind:

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. No

If you are missing these, so am I. These may all be "Yes" tomorrow but you will still probably never get Meghan Trainor's number or sign.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.