cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcarville Established Member
Established Member

Scatter chart comparison using 2 slicers

Hi,

I am trying to replicate the image below (which I put together in paint quickly) to show the Avg. order value against no. of orders.

Untitled.png

I have 2 tables (Items table, Orders table), which are linked on ItemID.

Capture.PNGRelationshipitems.PNGItems Tableorders.PNGOrders Table

I want to be able to select an Item in Slicer 1 and another item in Slicer 2 and have them shown in the scatter as different colours to distingusigh between them.

I have had a play with the disconnected table trick which seems to work with a column chart but not with a scatter chart as you cannot use a measure as a legend, can anyone help me please?

Regards,

Jake

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Scatter chart comparison using 2 slicers

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

v-yulgu-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @jcarville,

Based on my assumption, [Item1] and [Item2] are two separate columns in 'Item' table. If so, you could "Unpivot" these two columns to make all available items to be displayed in a single column, so that you could later add this column as scatter chart legend and add it to slicer.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jcarville Established Member
Established Member

@Greg_Deckler, thanks for the tips, I have edited my original post to be more clear.

@v-yulgu-msft, I appreciate your reply, but my items are in 1 column. My original post should hopefully be easier to understand.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 250 members 2,659 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: