Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cgc1223

Scatter Plot with Dynamic Measure and Static Data

Hello, I am trying to get a scatter plot with a dynamic measure and static data. 

The user provides input to a what if parameter slicer which then calculates a value in a measure. I would then like to plot this as a point, (x,y) cordinate as (user input, measure) on the same graph as another database value. I do not know how to get both of them to display on the scatter chart. I tried creating a calcuated table but it does not update with the what if parameter. Is there a way to get this visual? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @cgc1223 

According to your description, I can roughly understand your requirement, you want to make the data point displayed with the selection of the measure slicer, right? I think you can try my steps:

This is my test data:

v-robertq-msft_0-1622513779259.png

I created a measure like this:

Flag =

IF(MAX('Table'[X])=[Parameter Value],1,0)

Then I created a scatter chart to apply a visual filter like this:

v-robertq-msft_1-1622513779270.png

And you can get what you want.

You can download my test pbix file below

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @cgc1223 

According to your description, I can roughly understand your requirement, you want to make the data point displayed with the selection of the measure slicer, right? I think you can try my steps:

This is my test data:

v-robertq-msft_0-1622513779259.png

I created a measure like this:

Flag =

IF(MAX('Table'[X])=[Parameter Value],1,0)

Then I created a scatter chart to apply a visual filter like this:

v-robertq-msft_1-1622513779270.png

And you can get what you want.

You can download my test pbix file below

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cgc1223 , X and Y axis on scatter are measures, so they are dynamic. You can use what of measure in those. You can not create a table with slicer parameters, so you have to work with measures

Thank you for your response! I am not sure that I understand. I get that you can plot two measures on a scatter plot. Is there a way to plot a measure with a static table on the scatter plot. Please see the snippet below. 

pbi_photo.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.