Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cgc1223

Scatter Plot with Dynamic Measure and Static Data

Hello, I am trying to get a scatter plot with a dynamic measure and static data. 

The user provides input to a what if parameter slicer which then calculates a value in a measure. I would then like to plot this as a point, (x,y) cordinate as (user input, measure) on the same graph as another database value. I do not know how to get both of them to display on the scatter chart. I tried creating a calcuated table but it does not update with the what if parameter. Is there a way to get this visual? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @cgc1223 

According to your description, I can roughly understand your requirement, you want to make the data point displayed with the selection of the measure slicer, right? I think you can try my steps:

This is my test data:

v-robertq-msft_0-1622513779259.png

I created a measure like this:

Flag =

IF(MAX('Table'[X])=[Parameter Value],1,0)

Then I created a scatter chart to apply a visual filter like this:

v-robertq-msft_1-1622513779270.png

And you can get what you want.

You can download my test pbix file below

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @cgc1223 

According to your description, I can roughly understand your requirement, you want to make the data point displayed with the selection of the measure slicer, right? I think you can try my steps:

This is my test data:

v-robertq-msft_0-1622513779259.png

I created a measure like this:

Flag =

IF(MAX('Table'[X])=[Parameter Value],1,0)

Then I created a scatter chart to apply a visual filter like this:

v-robertq-msft_1-1622513779270.png

And you can get what you want.

You can download my test pbix file below

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cgc1223 , X and Y axis on scatter are measures, so they are dynamic. You can use what of measure in those. You can not create a table with slicer parameters, so you have to work with measures

Thank you for your response! I am not sure that I understand. I get that you can plot two measures on a scatter plot. Is there a way to plot a measure with a static table on the scatter plot. Please see the snippet below. 

pbi_photo.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.