Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slavi
Frequent Visitor

Scatter Diagram Date on X - Axis Randomized

Hello everyone!

I am trying to create a Scatter (Bubble) Risk Diagram in Power BI, where the Probability of the risk is on the Y - Axis, the Date (Year, Month) is on the X - Axis and the Size of the bubble is the financial impact. I am experiencing dificulties with the Date. As you can see in the picture bellow, my dates are there as i want but they are not in order. I would like for them to be ordered first by year and then by month. I tried the Sorting option but it does not change a thing. Please help!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Slavi ,

I have found the problem,if you use Risk 1,2...as Y-Axis,it will sort as the following order: Risk 1,Risk 11,Risk 12,Risk 13...etc, as it was a text format,that is why it will show as below:

13.png

So the best choice for you is to change the "name" column into a whole number type using a dax expression as below:

Column = SUBSTITUTE('Table (2)'[Name],"Risk ","")

Finally,you will see:

12.png

For the related .pbix file,pls click here.

Best Regards,
Kelly

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Slavi

I found that in the X-Axis,you are using date Hierarchy,pls choose date instead of Hierarchy as showed below:

141.png

As in here,I choose "Date" in X-Axis,they are ordered acending from left to right.

142.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Hello @v-kelly-msft and thank you for your response,

Unfortunately, for some reason this does not work for me. I even made a similar graph to yours but the result as you can see from the picture bellow are not what you'd expect. It starts of from 2018, then it goes to 2019 and then to 2018 again.

Capture.PNG

Hi @Slavi ,

Show me part of your sample and remove the confidential ones,I will test for you.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Hey @v-kelly-msft ,

Nothing confidential on the last graph, really.

Here is my data:

Capture.PNG

Hi @Slavi ,

I have found the problem,if you use Risk 1,2...as Y-Axis,it will sort as the following order: Risk 1,Risk 11,Risk 12,Risk 13...etc, as it was a text format,that is why it will show as below:

13.png

So the best choice for you is to change the "name" column into a whole number type using a dax expression as below:

Column = SUBSTITUTE('Table (2)'[Name],"Risk ","")

Finally,you will see:

12.png

For the related .pbix file,pls click here.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Thank you @v-kelly-msft! It did work. For my primary data i didn't have numerated Risks as names, so i inserted a index column for the Names and then created another Excel Sheet where each name was given a unique number and linked them. This worked and now everything is in order. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.