Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlejandroPCar
Helper IV
Helper IV

Scatter Chart with two slicers!

Hi,

I need some help (again). I made an awesome scatter chart that have all the measures I made before (36). So, I want put all those measures in both axis. So, I create two SWITCH functions that every one have all the measures and I cant switch them quickly through an slicer. These are [Medidas Eje X] and [Medidas Eje Y] (both have all the same 36 measures).

But, I want two different slicers for both axis. Beacuse now I have only one slicer that currently do its job but it changes me both axis at same time and the result is always this: (a perfect correlation).

ayuda.png

How can I have two diferent slicers that everyone just filters its respective axis?

Thanks again for read me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AlejandroPCar,

If I understand you correctly, you may need two separate tables("TableX" and "TableY"), each table with a column called "Measure_Name" that contains all your measure names. And you need to change your [Medidas Eje X] and [Medidas Eje Y] to use different columns for the SWITCH function like below.

[Medidas Eje X] = SWITCH ( FIRSTNONBLANK ( TableX[Measure_Name], 1 ), "measure1", [measure1] ...)
[Medidas Eje Y] = SWITCH ( FIRSTNONBLANK ( TableY[Measure_Name], 1 ), "measure1", [measure1] ...)

Then you should be able to use TableX[Measure_Name] and TableY[Measure_Name] column as diferent slicers, so that everyone just filters its respective axis. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AlejandroPCar,

If I understand you correctly, you may need two separate tables("TableX" and "TableY"), each table with a column called "Measure_Name" that contains all your measure names. And you need to change your [Medidas Eje X] and [Medidas Eje Y] to use different columns for the SWITCH function like below.

[Medidas Eje X] = SWITCH ( FIRSTNONBLANK ( TableX[Measure_Name], 1 ), "measure1", [measure1] ...)
[Medidas Eje Y] = SWITCH ( FIRSTNONBLANK ( TableY[Measure_Name], 1 ), "measure1", [measure1] ...)

Then you should be able to use TableX[Measure_Name] and TableY[Measure_Name] column as diferent slicers, so that everyone just filters its respective axis. Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi! @v-ljerr-msft

It works! Thanks so so so much! But I have another question If I can.

In my SWITCH functions I have too much measures with differents values format. Ej. Some measures are currency values and other ones are general values and others are perentage changes.

But, the SITCH function just show me in the Scatter Chart values as general.

How can I make the SWITCH function shows its respective format value for every measure in the Scatter chart?

Thanks again for the previous answer!

Hi @AlejandroPCar,

But, the SITCH function just show me in the Scatter Chart values as general.

How can I make the SWITCH function shows its respective format value for every measure in the Scatter chart?

As far as I know, it is not possible to do it currently, as a measure can only be set to a specific format for a numberic value, so the format cannot be changed dynamically in this scenario. Smiley Happy

Regards

I've been trying to do the same thing for over 12 hours. User can click an option for the x and click an option for the y and see the correlation between the two.  I feel like I'm close, but still getting the correlation of 1 issue. Is the SWITCH function necessary if I'm fine with just using numbers, or is SWITCH necessary for the relationship? I built 2 tables, an x and a y. Each x/y table I made has a Measure ID and the Measure in column next to the IDs. 

I'm referencing an excel table of employee survey feedback. I'm trying to show which answers correlate with one another and which most strongy/weakly correlate to overall employee engagement.  

My main data table is layed out like:

Site    |  Dept.     |  EngagementMeasure_ID  |  EngagementMeasure | Score

Site1  |  Dept. 1  |  ID-1                                  |  Measure name 1         | #

Site1  |  Dept. 1  |  ID-2                                  |  Measure name 2         | #

Site2  |  Dept. 1  |  ID-1                                  | Measure name 1          | #

I also have an engagement measure ID table with the measure name to the right of the ID just like above. 

From the looks of how the table is setup, what am I doing wrong? Should I formulate my relationships in a specific way? Are my tables setup wrong? Thanks in advance for any help. I really appreciate it. I hope the image can be enlarged. 

sample.PNG

Hi @andyryanh

If you post here your pbix file from onedrive or dorpbox I can help you better if you want.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.