Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bvy
Helper V
Helper V

Scatter Chart where user selects X, Y axis indicators

Given a table of indicators and values, shown below, I simply want to plot these on a scatter chart where the user can select the X axis and Y axis indicators. I think I'm going to have to set up measures, one for each axis, to accomplish this? What's the best approach? Thanks. 

bvy_0-1661876102632.png

bvy_1-1661876190116.png

(ETA, the data doesn't align with the chart above. Just showing off the desired behavior.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bvy , Based on what I got. You need two independent slicer tables and then you can create a measure like

m1 = calculate(sum(Table[Value]), filter(Table, Table[Indicator] = selectedvalue(slicer1[Indicator])) )

m2 = calculate(sum(Table[Value]), filter(Table, Table[Indicator] = selectedvalue(slicer2[Indicator])) )

You use these two measures . For details, you can use any other column or add an index column and use that in details

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bvy , Based on what I got. You need two independent slicer tables and then you can create a measure like

m1 = calculate(sum(Table[Value]), filter(Table, Table[Indicator] = selectedvalue(slicer1[Indicator])) )

m2 = calculate(sum(Table[Value]), filter(Table, Table[Indicator] = selectedvalue(slicer2[Indicator])) )

You use these two measures . For details, you can use any other column or add an index column and use that in details

@amitchandak Thank you. That's good but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Implemeted as shown, I only get one point on the scatter chart (presumably the SUM in your DAX?). I need to see all the points individually. 

Anyone else? 

ETA: Reading through your post again, @amitchandak , I see I needed something in the "Values" column to designate a grouping. There's a timestamp assocaited with each set of readings (not shown in my data sample, sorry about that) and that was the ticket. Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors