Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rmocca
Helper I
Helper I

Scatter Chart using the same column for different filters

Hi,

I have a new problem that I couldn't solve by my self yet 🙂

I have this table:

Var11.52
Var21.53
Var12.1
Var12.3
Var22.11
Var22.22

I need to get a Scatter Chart with Var1 as X axis and Var2 as Y axis.

Is this possible?

And it's possible to have slicers to select that vars from slicers?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @rmocca 

Please see this PBIX file for the code to pivot your data and the scatter visual with slicers.

scatter.png

Regards

Phil

If I answered your question please mark my post as the solution.
If my answer helped solve your problem, give it a kudos by clicking on the Thumbs Up.

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I've tried this solution again, duplicating the table and I was able to create the scatter chart successfully.

Thank you.

Regardin selecting variables from a slicer and set them as X and Y axis, is that possible?

Hi @rmocca,
>>Regardin selecting variables from a slicer and set them as X and Y axis, is that possible?

I don't think this is possible to achieve on your sample table.

AFAIK, current power bi does not allow to use measure expressions as chart axis and it also not support to create dynamic calculated column/table based on slicer/filter selections.

For your scenario, you need to map the value with specific group values first(e.g. id 1, var1; id1, var2...), then you can use the value field on-axis and use slicer with var fields to control which value displayed.
After these steps, you can create a new table with 'var' types and create a slicer with new table fields. Then you can write a measure expression to lookup value from the raw table based on the current axis value and selected 'var' type.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your help, but I couldn't make it work.

I don't know how to apply this two things to my model.

I have many other reportes made with the same table, so in the momento I've started to make this changes everything stopped working.

I hope there is an easier way to do that simple report.

Thanks anyway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.