Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scatter Chart always counts values on both the X and Y axis!

Im currently trying to design a Scatter Chart for a sales department with a time indicator (quarter,month and days) on the X-axis, and sales stage on the Y-axis. No here is the problem, when I drag my estimated close date column data into the X-axis field for the scatter chart, I only get the option of having Power BI count the values. But why?! I dont want to count those values, that makes no sense. The same problem occurs on the Y-axis. It would be great if the Scatter chart would support date columns like it does in other charts, where you can switch into drill-down mode and drill into the year to see the x-axis transform into quarters. Thanks you for solving my issue in advance 🙂

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently, the scatter chart is used for displaying numeric values which are aggregated from both numeric and text fields. So both X-axis and Y-axis values are calculated with aggregate function, instead of detailed values. For more information, please refer to this article: Tutorial: Scatter charts and Bubble charts in Power BI.

For your requirement, I'm afraid it can't be achieved in a scatter chart currently. You can try to use another visuals like table, matrix, or column chart to display detail information as a work around. Meanwhile, you can send a feedback to Microsoft by clicking "send a frown".

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.