Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ATurek
Regular Visitor

Scatter Chart ability to manually change color of dot

I am using a scatter chart.

I am utilizing the Play Axis, (date field rolled up to year) and I have a categorical field on the legend that makes my dots one of 3 colors. Whenever I open or close the file, the colors change. Sometimes they are the original teal, red and black, some times yellow, purple, and blue, sometimes black, gray and brown. There is no rhyme or reason to the color changes, and it is very difficult to see the different colors when they change to black, gray and brown.

I don't see an option in the paint brush for "data colors" for me to manually change the colors, so I have to close and open the file hoping the colors will change to something better.

When I take off the "Year" date feild I have on the play axis, the "data colors" option now shows up.

I don't know why this is happening... is this a glitch with the Scatter Plot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ATurek,

It's true that the Data Color feature is not available if we add a field in Play Axis Property with a scatter chart visual. Based on my test, once Play Axis contains a field, data color revert to default and Data Color is missing.

Besides, based on my research, it's a known issue and someone has posted in Power BI Idea forum. Product Team has considered it as a suggestion. If you have any feedback, you can comment on this idea item: Scatter chart data color with play axis.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ATurek,

It's true that the Data Color feature is not available if we add a field in Play Axis Property with a scatter chart visual. Based on my test, once Play Axis contains a field, data color revert to default and Data Color is missing.

Besides, based on my research, it's a known issue and someone has posted in Power BI Idea forum. Product Team has considered it as a suggestion. If you have any feedback, you can comment on this idea item: Scatter chart data color with play axis.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I think it is a private forum, any possibility to make the solution public? I am having the same problem and the defaul colours are not that good to differ...

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.