Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DHB
Helper V
Helper V

Scatter Chart Query

I have some data in a scatter chart but where I know two people occupy the same position the chart only gives me a count of one.  

Scatter1.png

The table on the left shows 2 people that have a score of 85.7 on the x-axis and 100 on the y-axis (Person Codes 1680900 and 1686027).  When I put my curser on the relevant marker on the scatter chart I get a Person Code count of only 1 (1686027). However, if I right click on that marker and exclude that person it still shows me a Person Code count of 1 but gives the other person code (1680900).

Why doesn't the Tooltip give me a count of 2 Person Codes here?

Thanks,

DHB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@DHB

I've got reply from Power BI team - This is by design. Scatter groups by the Details field (and/or the Legend field), it does not group by X/Y pairs.

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DHB,

I can reproduce this issue in my environment and already reported internally. Will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you.  It'll be interesting to hear anything you find out.

@DHB

I've got reply from Power BI team - This is by design. Scatter groups by the Details field (and/or the Legend field), it does not group by X/Y pairs.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Thank you for your reply.  It's a shame it can't give that information though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.