Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Imthedan
Helper II
Helper II

Saving daily data from dynamically changed data.

Hello,

Is there a way to save data from a daily upload that will dynamically change every day?

For example, if an appointment was created on call date August 10th for an appointment on August 17th then my August 18th upload will not have that appointment any longer (it changes status from Appointment to Sale, No sale, ect..)

My goal is still know and see that there was an appointment created on August 10th and that the actual appointment happened on the 17th (it's more important to have the appointment creation date). The issue is this data is all brought in daily and will update with each upload. On the 18th, I will lose that appointment data.

Basically, is there a way to create a snapshot or something that will save all appointments created on August 16th. Then save that data to one that doesn't get refreshed. Then when the next upload happens, it will add all appointments created from the next day. 

I feel like this is making sense in my mind, but may be coming out jumbled. Let me know if it's not making sense.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

amitchandak,

Thank you!

One question about the first link, though. He says:

Under “Store rows in the last” choose Days from the dropdown and enter the number of days you want to store data for. You probably don’t need to store data indefinitely; if you did, your dataset might get very large. Data that is older than the number of days specified here will be deleted from the dataset.

is this a rolling option for the data? meaning, if I set it to 7 days, will it just start deleting the data that is older than seven days or will it delete everything after the seven days?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.