Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Saving Report Content dialog

I am getting this a lot today when saving a pbix file in desktop. It just sits on this dialog and I have to kill power bi in task manager and recover lost file. I have latest version of the desktop app and file is quite big at around 140Mb. 

Is it just me or is anyone else seeing this?

slowsave.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gooranga1,

I think you should import the data into the power bi desktop. So to improve usability and performance, Please refer to the blog. 

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @gooranga1,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

No, sorry, it doesn't make sense.

All our pbix files are imported data. This particular file is now the biggest at about 140Mb with a lot of data and a lot of pages with numerous bookmarks. I have been using power bi intensively for 2 years now and it had never crashed/hung on me in this way before.

Maybe our files and complexity had not got to this point before and now it has I am seeing this behaviour.

Thanks

Hi gooranga1

I am seeing the same issue with a 4 MB file using the most current version of Power BI.

Did you ever find a resolution?

Thanks,

robJcenteno
Frequent Visitor

Sometimes happens. Take a coffe and be patience!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors