Highlighted
Established Member

Saving Report Content dialog

I am getting this a lot today when saving a pbix file in desktop. It just sits on this dialog and I have to kill power bi in task manager and recover lost file. I have latest version of the desktop app and file is quite big at around 140Mb. 

Is it just me or is anyone else seeing this?

slowsave.PNG

Frequent Visitor

Re: Saving Report Content dialog

Sometimes happens. Take a coffe and be patience!

Community Support Team

Hi @gooranga1,

I think you should import the data into the power bi desktop. So to improve usability and performance, Please refer to the blog. 

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team

Hi @gooranga1,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Established Member

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

No, sorry, it doesn't make sense.

All our pbix files are imported data. This particular file is now the biggest at about 140Mb with a lot of data and a lot of pages with numerous bookmarks. I have been using power bi intensively for 2 years now and it had never crashed/hung on me in this way before.

Maybe our files and complexity had not got to this point before and now it has I am seeing this behaviour.

Thanks

Occasional Visitor

Hi gooranga1

I am seeing the same issue with a 4 MB file using the most current version of Power BI.

Did you ever find a resolution?

Thanks,