Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

erhan_79
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Saving Historical Data Daily

Hi Dear Community ;

i need your supports about below issue , let me explain what i need and my scenario 

i have Table A from en excel file and i download every day new one of that table to power bi.I need to save my new excel file on to previous excel file per day.for below sample  ; on 20.06.2020 i uploaded to power bi left report (brown marked)  .And on 21.06.2020 i saved on my previous excel and i refreshed my datas with new excel file at on the middle one report below ( yellow marked) 

i just would like to save somewhere my previous data per each day and when i upload new excel and refresh the report also new data will be saved under previous data per each day .How can it be possible and could you help me about this issue pls .

thanks in advance 

Capture-11.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@erhan_79 you shouldn't overwrite daily excel file rather add a new file for every day and then combine excel file in Power BI so that you have a big dataset from excel file for all the dates.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rubinboer
Resolver II
Resolver II

hi there

power bi is great but what you asking for if i read correctly is not what power bi was purposed for. You will have to do something else before the data get to power bi or copy every file to power bi (im lazy so i wont go this route :)).

1. you can maintain the excel file by copying the new data to previous excel file and use that file as the source  for power bi

2. create a document library in SharePoint online or onedrive. upload your new file to the document library and have flow copy the data from the uploaded file to a file you will use as the source for power bi. the same flow can be used to delete the uploaded file form the document library when the copy is done.

regards

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@erhan_79 you shouldn't overwrite daily excel file rather add a new file for every day and then combine excel file in Power BI so that you have a big dataset from excel file for all the dates.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.