Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Save new data append with old data to click "refresh"

Dear Friends, 

I need yours help!

I have a panel with data of sales, this data is download from SAP and save with a specific name y a XLSX archive.

image.png

This is the panel with other annexed tables with formulas etc.

image.png

This information is updated by me, day by day and save with these names.
Then, i open a PBIX and click "refresh" and all perfect. In occasions is necessary refresh the data twice or three times for a day.

But my manager wants to see the data in the time span, how is the situation in the previous actualization?

Is possible than i click "refresh" and the PBIX read the XLSX archive and add this new data in same table without delete the actual information? 

Is necessary than information has a option to discriminate the period that are show. Not is OK than information was summed and duplicate the sales.

Thanks you alls

6 REPLIES 6
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

As mentioned here, when you refresh data, you are updating the data in the dataset that is stored in Power BI from your data source. This refresh is a full refresh and not incremental.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous

Hi, The Easiest Way is Mantain the last 1, 5 or 10 (Depend of your needs)  XLSX files in a folder with a column with date & time in each file.

And Load All the Folder as Data Source.

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

Lima - Peru
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vvelarde veo que eres de Perú (yo de Chile), puedes en español?

No entiendo tus explicación?

Lo que yo trato de explicar es:

Tengo un archivo que bajo todos los días de las ventas (como va desde comienzo de mes hasta que bajo el archivo), por lo tanto cuando mañana baje el archivo, tendrá desde comienzo de mes hasta mañana.

Si cargo ese archivo así tal cual, al momento de actualizar, sobre escribirá la información y me mostrará la de mañana pero no l de hoy.

La idea no es hacer un excel agregando todos los días el archivo nuevo, sino ver la posibilidad que lo haga automático.

Me explico?

Muchas gracias.

@Anonymous

Es correcto lo que comentas, el Refresh lo que realiza es volver a consultar a la fuente de Datos.

Lo recomendable es hacer esos procesos de manera externa al Power BI.

Encontré este video que no es exacto a lo que necesites pero te puede ayudar en algo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx6_VZ4dvUQ

Saludos

Victor

Lima - Peru

Mi opción de salida era:

En una carpeta mantener los archivos previos (Depende de lo que quieras consultar 1 o 3 o 5) junto con el nuevo, teniendo en cada archivo una columna con fecha y hora.

Cargarlos todos como fuente de datos (Usando la opción Folder) y así tendras la opción de consultar para atrás (puede ser utilizando un slicer).

Y según vas actualizando vas eliminando los archivos más antiguos.

Esa esa era una idea de solución rápida. (no la ideal pero te puede ayudar).

Saludos

Victor

Lima - Peru
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.