Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Save, Export, Setting option in a dashboard in power bi

Hi ,

I want to have Save, Export and Setting option in top right corner of a dashboard in Power bi.

Means the above mentioned options should be placed in the visuals(of a dashboard)

Is it possible to do this

Below is the attached image for your reference, i need exact as in the image

Appreciate your Help.

@Habib 

Sauravpattnaik_0-1603398275730.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NamishB
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Anonymous - I am afraid you asking for too much from a dashboarding tool. this tool is used to display visuals and create stories from the data. Your requirements seems like an application development where you can write custom functions to download PDF etc, sorry not possible with Power BI Front end.

Are you embedding this dashboard in sharepoint and wanted to give users permissions to perform these actions?

What you can definately achieve is

Refresh button (Using a blank button and Enable Action to Web URl and hit the dashboard URL)

How long ago (Calculate As a measure and display in minutes/Days based on Sysdatetime)

switch white/Dark button (will be lot of work to change colour, selection and bookmarks)

and May be current user selection settings using bookmarks again.

There is not much you can do apart from these above, Not atleast i am aware of.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

-Namish B  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt that you can create a button for most of these. I have not seen most of them as an action on button.

NamishB
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Anonymous - I am afraid you asking for too much from a dashboarding tool. this tool is used to display visuals and create stories from the data. Your requirements seems like an application development where you can write custom functions to download PDF etc, sorry not possible with Power BI Front end.

Are you embedding this dashboard in sharepoint and wanted to give users permissions to perform these actions?

What you can definately achieve is

Refresh button (Using a blank button and Enable Action to Web URl and hit the dashboard URL)

How long ago (Calculate As a measure and display in minutes/Days based on Sysdatetime)

switch white/Dark button (will be lot of work to change colour, selection and bookmarks)

and May be current user selection settings using bookmarks again.

There is not much you can do apart from these above, Not atleast i am aware of.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

-Namish B  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.