cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save, Export, Setting option in a dashboard in power bi

Hi ,

I want to have Save, Export and Setting option in top right corner of a dashboard in Power bi.

Means the above mentioned options should be placed in the visuals(of a dashboard)

Is it possible to do this

Below is the attached image for your reference, i need exact as in the image

Appreciate your Help.

@Habib 

Sauravpattnaik_0-1603398275730.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Sauravpattnaik - I am afraid you asking for too much from a dashboarding tool. this tool is used to display visuals and create stories from the data. Your requirements seems like an application development where you can write custom functions to download PDF etc, sorry not possible with Power BI Front end.

Are you embedding this dashboard in sharepoint and wanted to give users permissions to perform these actions?

What you can definately achieve is

Refresh button (Using a blank button and Enable Action to Web URl and hit the dashboard URL)

How long ago (Calculate As a measure and display in minutes/Days based on Sysdatetime)

switch white/Dark button (will be lot of work to change colour, selection and bookmarks)

and May be current user selection settings using bookmarks again.

There is not much you can do apart from these above, Not atleast i am aware of.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

-Namish B  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Sauravpattnaik - I am afraid you asking for too much from a dashboarding tool. this tool is used to display visuals and create stories from the data. Your requirements seems like an application development where you can write custom functions to download PDF etc, sorry not possible with Power BI Front end.

Are you embedding this dashboard in sharepoint and wanted to give users permissions to perform these actions?

What you can definately achieve is

Refresh button (Using a blank button and Enable Action to Web URl and hit the dashboard URL)

How long ago (Calculate As a measure and display in minutes/Days based on Sysdatetime)

switch white/Dark button (will be lot of work to change colour, selection and bookmarks)

and May be current user selection settings using bookmarks again.

There is not much you can do apart from these above, Not atleast i am aware of.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

-Namish B  

View solution in original post

Super User IV
Super User IV

@Sauravpattnaik , I doubt that you can create a button for most of these. I have not seen most of them as an action on button.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
November Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2020 Updates!

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform October Community Highlights

Check out the top community contributors across all of the communities

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors