Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sankey diagram problem

Hello,

i have a problem with my sankey that i really can't explain at all.

A picture will be clear for you to understand.

toto1.png

So here the sankey is fine, i choose 1-home in my filter so everybody starts from the same source 1-home, it works fine.

But when i add one session by the filter on the right

toto1.png

The Sankey goes crazy and do this ... it doesn't start anymore from home but from 2-pdp for example .. 

toto1.png

When i go in my table to see this particual individual, it's perfectly fine, his landing page is home and the order is respected but idk why it doesn't work ...

toto1.png

If you have any advice, i still try to investigate, thanks you by advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could click below link to create a topic about the feature of custom visual about Sankey Diagram:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Community/ct-p/CustomVisuals

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok i managed to figure out why it doesnt't work.

It's simply because the Sankey Diagram in Power BI does sort the nodes in function of the Weight, there is no mean to desactive this feature but keeping the weight ?

Is there a way to contact the author to give the possibility to add this feature to disable default sort by weight of the nodes ?

Thanks by advance !

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could click below link to create a topic about the feature of custom visual about Sankey Diagram:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Community/ct-p/CustomVisuals

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello

For some reason when I try to follow this link, it says access denied. Could you please confirm the link if it is indeed the answer to the query?

thanks!  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @morganvillette ,

I met the same issue exact with you due to the automatically sorting of weight. How do you get rid of this issue?

Thanks,

Cherie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

Basically i've learned that the Sankey diagram on Power BI can't compute an infinite number of rows and when you have too many rows to compute, he will order randomly so the only way is to reduce your sample of rows.

For the sort order, i managed to do an alphabetical order like instead of 1-home, 2-products i did A-home, B-products and so the weight order vanished.

Hope it will help you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.