Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qqqqqzhang

Sankey - How to present Node with no end point

I have a dataset that looks like below. On the first row, there are 100 records that stayed in A without moving. If I plot it in Sankey, it creates a node that represents the blank and draws a path from A to it. I'd really like to remove that path and the end node and just represent part of A as the end point. Is there a way to do it?

FromToTotal
A 100
AB200
BC300
BD240

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@qqqqqzhang,

You can work around the issue by creating the following columns in your table.

NewFrom = IF(Table14[To]="","A1",Table14[From])
NewTo = IF(Table14[To]="","B",Table14[To])

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@qqqqqzhang,

When you filter out blanks for the To field as shown in the following screenshot, does it give your expected result?
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft Thanks for your reply but it does not really resolve the issue. When I filter out the blank, it filters out the whole 100 records. I still need them to show up on the starting point but I don't want them to show up on any path.

@qqqqqzhang,

Could you please show expected result in screenshot?

Regards,
Lydia

Untitled.png

@v-yuezhe-msft Please see the image above. Basically, I'd like to show that additional 100 records on A, while there is no path going out from it. So it shows up as a longer extention of rectangle. Does it explain it?

Thank you for your help!
Qi

@qqqqqzhang,

You can work around the issue by creating the following columns in your table.

NewFrom = IF(Table14[To]="","A1",Table14[From])
NewTo = IF(Table14[To]="","B",Table14[To])

1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Untitled.png

@v-yuezhe-msft Please see the image above. Basically, I'd like to show that additional 100 records on A, while there is no path going out from it. So it shows up as a longer extention of rectangle. Does it explain it?

Thank you for your help!
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.