Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sankey Diagram Question

I have a question on how we could create a Sankey diagram that shows how a person moved from one point to other and got back to same point over period of time. For example. We have a person who is going to AMC Theatre in Jan. In Feb he went to Cinemark. In march he went to Amstar. And finally in April he is back to AMC. Can we achieve it in Power bi? If not is there any other visualization which can help achieve this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could implement it with the visual of Sankey. However, you need to get the previous location to as a new column. More details you can reference the blogs.

Power BI Custom Visuals - Sankey

Analyze entity data flow in Power BI Desktop using Sankey charts

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xuding-msft  Thanks for response. I tried but it is not what I am expecting. I am trying to show by month and by theater. The value we add to weight needs to be aggregated value. Hope there is some visual in market place which has this capability to show the trend over period of time how a person or many people moved to different theater by months.

Thanks,

NFR 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.