Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mwimberger
Resolver II
Resolver II

Sankey Custom Visual - Is it possible to create a measure that allows choice of Source off a slicer

Hi folks and happy Friday!

I'm using a Sankey custom visual to track material flow. My question relates to the Source and Destination fields which reference columns in a table and whether these columns can be changed using a slicer linked to a measure possibly using SWITCH or something similar.

The reason for this is I have used groupings to generate various levels of detail in types of sources and destinations, a bit like a hierachy.

Here is my attempt at a switch code - but of course it doesn't work due to the nature of SWITCH - only returning one scalar value and not columns.

Source Level Choice= 
IF (
    HASONEVALUE(tblkpLevel[Column1] ),
    SWITCH (
        VALUES ( tblkpLevel[Column1]   ),
        "Level 0", 'tblSource'[SourceGroupL1],
        "Level 1",'tblSource'[SourcegGroupL2],
        "Level 2", 'tblSource'[SpurceGroupL3],

BLANK ()
    ),
    [No Choice Made]
)

Sankey levels.jpg

I would like my users to be able to drill down to various levels - and not have to select different tabs. Any pointers would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

Manfred

1 REPLY 1
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mwimberger ,

I suggest to use bookmark to work around.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks

For Dynamic X-axis as per parameter selected, Please refer to this case.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamic-X-axis-as-per-parameter-selected/td-p/711660

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.